Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weave

The final type of fabric we have to consider for our capsule collection is woven fabrics.  I have a sudden obsession with pants at the moment and think that a pair of light pants would be very suitable for my target market as well as practical for going on holiday.   


I've been inspired by the pin tucks used in my swimwear as well as pleats as think they fit well with my stretch wear and cover ups.  My journal is a bit mismatched because I've been drawing the stretch wear, cover ups and woven garments styled together.  This has helped to inspire me with my designs as well as giving me ideas for my styling. 

Overall I have a clear direction with where I am heading with my capsule collection however i want to push it so that each garment is pushed as far as they can go.  I'm going to do this by redrawing my favourite designs and editing them as well as taking fabrics and prints into consideration.  At the moment I'm thinking the colour scheme will be in sun burnt colours mixed with olive greens but this could change as i keep going with my design development. 

love Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment