Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If the Sample Fits

A week ago now, we were able to fit our swimwear on a model.
To tell you the truth i was a bit disappointed because mine didn't fit the model as well as i wanted it too.
All i could see when she tried it on was all the mistakes. That probably wasn't such a bad thing as i was also thinking of ways to fix them.  One of our design teachers, Jillian helped me fix my pattern so now i'm trying to seek the motivation to make this swimsuit one last time!





On the sample there were a few major things that i want to look at changing:

  • the straps need to go over and under the bust- rouching will be added to the pattern to create shape

  • the legs are a bit too highcut so i'm going to lower the leg about one cm

  • the sides need to be taken in a bit on the bust

  • it looks horrible around the crotch area
Overall it should be not too hard to fix, although at the moment I'm really struggling to get going and start the final swimsuit.  I've done my pintucks but i'm actually really scared of ruining the fabric so i've been quite hesistant to sew. I've got to get over my fears and just get it done!
wish me luck 
love Phoebe 

No comments:

Post a Comment