Thursday, May 27, 2010

fabric

I've been trying to source different silks for my collection.  These are the ones i've found and will use within my capsule collection:



I've incorporated some 'stocking' tops in my collection too, heres an image to give you an idea what it will look like:


Also, i've decided to incorporate a print within my collection, after sorting through heaps of Aboriginal artworks i decided that this print would be best for the collection.  It will be printed on silk habatue and will be used for the linings of the garments as well as some of the pieces.  Heres a fabulous website full of amazing aboriginal artworks, where I found the piece below. http://www.aboriginal-fineart.com.au/

The Print

Collaboration with Aboriginal Artist Jeannie Petyarre
Adaptation of ‘Bush Yam Dreaming’



love Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment