Monday, May 24, 2010

Spontaneity

Have you ever tried being spontaneous? Not so easy.
I've been trying for the past week with my fashion illustrations until it suddenly dawned on me this morning, that by trying to be spontaneous my work is looking more controlled and static than ever.
Luckily upon having this realisation and a couple of glasses of red, plus some inspiration from Molly Grad's 'spontaneous'  fashion illustrations, my gosh i think i might be onto something! Her website is coming soon http://mollygrad.com/


I also found these illustrations, i think the colour schemes would work well with my Australiana concept


Oh and just for fun, heres one of Molly Grad's  runway shows (coincedently shes the head designer from swimwear label GOTTEX). appropriate much?



love Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment