Friday, March 5, 2010

Endless Inspiration

Currently, my mind is going crazy because of the many ways i am trying to explore the brief!

I started by taking the brief name of Woolen Mermaids and looking at the mermaid tail and the effect of fish scales. Consequently I'm now conscious of every type of tile work in Brisbane that is reminiscent of scales and believe me its quite a lot. These observations made me think of mosaic tiles and the beauty of being able to put a puzzle together from a lot of disjointed pieces to make some thing whole again.
Then my chaotic mind thought back to the whole idea of the ocean and what mysteries, such as the mermaid that lie beneath. Hence my exploration of sea urchins, coral and sea creatures began. i was particularly fascinated by the sea shell, it's textures and the amazing unique detail that even a tiny shell holds.

Excuse me if it feels like i'm going off on tangents but at this early point of my design development i'm trying to start looking at simple things that will hopefully end up leading me to my end concept.

My journal is quite incoherent as i try to search through trends recent collections to gain an understanding of what is being done, and predict what will happen for summer 2011.

I've just looked at my journal and seen a picture of a wave that has compelled me to design some hooded swimmers.

so until my next ramblings, keep your head above the water

love phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment