Friday, April 30, 2010

Sample This

So after weeks of sampling and pin tucking and measuring my final sample is pretty much complete. There's still a few things I'm unsure of to do with the fit of the garment but i won't be able to sort those problems out until the swimsuit is on a proper size 10 model.  Unfortunately I'm not of a supermodel stature so i couldn't measure it on myself and the mannequin used in the photos below is a size 6-8 not a size 10. 

One of the major problems that occurred when making my swimsuit was that i stretched the fabric out of shaped when i unpicked some of the binding and over locking and this is noticeable on the leg holes and the under bust of the garment.  I'll really have to try to be careful not to stretch the garment when I'm making the final swimsuit.  Also the fabric got really thick in different areas which made the binding really messy.  Hopefully because the wool isn't as thick as the cotton Lycra (what the sample is made of)  it won't be as much of a problem, but if not i will have to move some of the seams around so they aren't overlapping.


love Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment