Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cover Up

As part of the 6 black swimsuit designs, we also need to create a capsule collection based on the same concept.
I'm really excited about this capsule collection because i love my concept and really want the opportunity to push it to the furthest level.
Last week the class started designing cover-ups which could be anything really, like a dress, jacket, shawl. So firstly i looked back at certain design elements from my swimwear like the pintucks and the piping and tried using that on the following designs as well as flipping back to some aboriginal artworks in my journal that reflected circular shape which i've interpreted as large volume. 
I was really inspired by the 'cover ups' in Emilio Pucci, Diane Von Furstenburg and Sophia Kokosalaki's Spring-Summer 2010 collections.  i was particularly inspired by the sheer flowing fabric and the simple yet sophisticated  shapes and Ive tried to incorporate this in my designs.



love Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment